Landlord/Rental Insurance

Do you own a property other than your primary home?

As a property owner, when you have tenants, you are still responsible for the property and what happens at it.  If you own a summer home, your primary homeowners’ insurance won’t cover the property.

You need to have a comprehensive rental property policy—also known as landlord insurance—it protects the home(s) that you own but don’t live in. Landlord insurance provides coverage if:

  • You own property that is rented out
  • You have moved but haven’t yet sold your home
  • You own a property under renovation that is vacant


Rental property insurance can include these specific types of coverage:

  • Comprehensive property coverage – This reimburses you for most physical property losses.
  • Liability – This protects you against liability claims if you are found responsible for an accident or injury that occurs on your property.
  • Income replacement – If your property suffers damage that disqualifies it from being rented, you’ll be reimbursed for the associated lost income until repairs are completed.


 If you own multiple properties, we may be able to place them together under a master property policy.

Every landlord’s needs are different. Whether you rent out your vacation home to tenants a few months a year, or you own several different rental properties, dwelling fire/landlord property insurance is imperative to your long-term financial protection.

To learn more about the types of coverage that you may need, contact Karl Weidel Insurance by calling 609-599-2588, or fill out the form on this page. We work with several different carriers to provide you the most comprehensive coverage at the lowest possible premium for your situation.